Wednesday, January 5, 2011

HAIR!

So hair has been a hot topic lately amongst women of color. A lot of women are deciding to go natural which refers to wearing your hair in its natural state (curly, kinky, fro, etc.) vs. traditional methods of hair care amongst women of color such as relaxers and other chemical methods of styling the hair.
I too have decided to go NATURAL! In the past, I have tex-laxed my hair (which is relaxing hair by mixing a base such as oil or conditioner with the relaxer so that hair will not be overprocessed). Currently I am in the transitioning phase (transitioning refers to making the transition from relaxed hair to natural hair without chopping all of the chemically processed hair off) and it has been about 8 months since I texlaxed my hair. I have been having a very frustrating time transitioning because the two different textures of hair (my natural hair and the chemically processed hair) require very different methods of care. To deal with transition and to make it easier on me, I am thinking about getting a braided protective style of some sort. Here are some I'm considering (Senegalese Twists):
(none of the above photos are my property, I just found them on the internet and thought the hairstyles looked nice)

No comments:

Post a Comment